Diploma Course in General English (Diploma in English)
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 64 Hours
For those who use or going to use English as a language for their communication for the purpose of employment, business correspondences or higher education etc.
The aim of the course is to develop all four skills of English (Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking)
This is an intermediate level course and lecturer will discuss with the students to get an idea of their level of English and pay individual attention accordingly.
Intended learning outcomes
- Have improved your listening skills
- Be more confident when you speak
- Be able to ask questions and participate in conversations
- Be able to use English more effectively in a range of situations
- Be able to correct your own mistakes
- Everything you will learn on this course is practical, and you will be able to practice your new skills and fluency during role-play of real-life scenarios.
Summary of the Content:
- Speaking, listening, reading and speaking activities
- Practical grammar
- Expanding vocabulary
- Communication strategies
- Discussions and role-plays
- Social and intercultural English
- English for work and travel
- Media, news and views
- Films and other arts
- Public speaking skills
- Extempore and Group discussion
- Email drafting, Business correspondence
- Avoiding spelling mistakes and mispronunciations
- Letter writing practice
- Personality Development
- Manners & Etiquettes
- Building confidence and developing presentation skills
- Interview skills
- Interview question and answers
Lectures, seminars, work-shops, group assignments and individual assignments.
Examination – tests and forms
Students will be graded on the completion with Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail basis, with the possibility to improve and re-submit the assignments on the two re-sit dates in an occasion where he / she fails at the first attempt.
Evaluation will be done by written exam and practical exam.
On Campus Batch :
Weekend Batch (Every Saturday)
- Time : 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm
- Duration : 04 Months
Weekday Batch (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Time : 9.00 am – 12.00 noon
- Duration : 02 Months
Registrations are now available:
Please Contact +94 777 65 3339 – Jenisten for more information.